KINGDOM IN THE SKY (7 Days)
Kingdom in the Sky is focused to provide you the best experiences of central Bhutan. This itinerary provides the best of Bhutan with its rich cultural visits and nature exploration.
Day 01: ARRIVAL PARO & THIMPHU
- Upon arrival at the airport our representatives will receive and drive you through the beautiful Paro valley to Thimphu.
- Later sightseeing of the valley.
- Evening at leisure in town.
- Dinner & overnight Hotel.
Day 02: THIMPHU SIGHTSEEING
- Full day sightseeing: visit Memorial Chorten, built in the memory of Late Majesty King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, Changangkha Monastery, Zilukha Nunnery, National Library which holds a vast collection of ancient Buddhist manuscripts, Zorig Chosum (Painting School).
- Lunch at a local restaurant and continue sightseeing.
- Visit Handicraft Emporium to see the exquisite artistry of traditional crafts and textile then take a stroll through the streets for a little shopping.
- Evening visit Tashichhodzong, the central secretariat building that houses the office & thrown room of the King and leisure time in town.
- Dinner & overnight at Hotel.
Day 03: THIMPHU-PUNAKHA
- Sightseeing to continue – visit Buddha Point a 51.5m tall Buddha statue overlooking Thimphu.
- Visit Bhutanese Hand Made Paper factory, Folk Heritage Museum, Textiles Museum.
- After lunch transfer to Punakha, evening visit Punakha town.
- Dinner & overnight Hotel.
Day 04: PUNAKHA SIGHTSEEING –GANGTEY
- Following early breakfast, drive to take a short hike to Khamsum Yulley Monastery.
- Later visit Punakha Dzong and stroll around on foot in the valley until lunch time.
- After lunch transfer to Gangtey/Phobjikha valley which is the winter home of the rare endangered species bird ‘Black Neck Crane’.
- Dinner & overnight Hotel/Guest House.
Day 05: GANGTEY SIGHTSEEING-PARO
- Following early breakfast visit Gangtey Monastery.
- Later hike around the wide valley on foot along the nature trails.
- After lunch transfer to Paro.
- Photography stop at Dochula pass.
- Dinner and overnight Hotel.
Day 06: PARO SIGHTSEEING
- An excursion to view & visit the spectacular Takshang Monastery. “Takshang” literally means Tiger’s Nest. The Monastery is believed to have been built in 1684 on the spot where Guru Rimpoche (founder of Buddhism in Bhutan) flew on the back of a Tigress and meditated to subdue the demons in Paro valley. The trail to the Monastery climbs through beautiful pine forest, many of the trees festooned with Spanish moss and an occasional grove of fluttering prayer flags. This incredible Monastery clings vertically to the edge of a granite rock cliff that plunges 900 meters above the valley floor.
- Lunch at Takshang Cafeteria. Relax and explore the cute little Paro town.
- Dinner and overnight at Hotel.
Day 07: DEPARTURE
- Early breakfast and transfer to Paro Int’l Airport for departure