HIMALAYAN WONDERLAND (4 Days)
Explore Paro and Thimphu the two most visited towns in Bhutan and get to witness the Tiger’s Nest arguably Bhutan’s most intriguing marvel.
Day 01: ARRIVAL PARO & THIMPHU
- Upon arrival at the airport our representatives will receive and drive you through the beautiful Paro valley to Thimphu.
- Later sightseeing of Tashichhodzong, the beautiful medieval fortress/monastery that houses some government offices and His Majesty the King’s Throne Room.
- Evening at leisure in town.
- Dinner & overnight Hotel.
Day 02: THIMPHU SIGHTSEEING
- Full day sightseeing: visit Memorial Chorten, built in the memory of Late Majesty King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, Changangkha Monastery, Zilukha Nunnery, National Library which holds a vast collection of ancient Buddhist manuscripts, Zorig Chosum (Painting School).
- Lunch at a local restaurant and continue sightseeing.
- Visit Handicraft Emporium to see the exquisite artistry of traditional crafts and textile then take a stroll through the streets for a little shopping.
- In the evening visit Buddha Point a 51.5m tall Buddha statue overlooking Thimphu.
- Dinner & overnight at Hotel.
Day 03: THIMPHU-PARO
- Early breakfast and drive to Paro.
- An excursion to view & visit the spectacular Takshang Monastery. “Takshang” literally means Tiger’s Nest. The Monastery is believed to have been built in 1684 on the spot where Guru Rimpoche (founder of Buddhism in Bhutan) flew on the back of a Tigress and meditated to subdue the demons in Paro valley. The trail to the Monastery climbs through beautiful pine forest, many of the trees festooned with Spanish moss and an occasional grove of fluttering prayer flags. This incredible Monastery clings vertically to the edge of a granite rock cliff that plunges 900 meters above the valley floor.
- Lunch at Takshang Cafeteria. Relax and explore the charming little Paro town.
- Dinner and overnight at Hotel.
Day 04: DEPARTURE
- Early breakfast and transfer to Paro International Airport for departure.